Webalizer cPanel enabling made easy by Bobcares.
At Bobcares, we offer help with queries and challenges as a part of our Server Management Service.
Let’s take a look at how our Support Engineers recently helped out a customer enable Webalizer on a cPanel server.
What is Webalizer?
Our Support Techs are here with a tutorial to help you learn how to enable or disable Webalizer stats on a cPanel server.
Did you know that Webalizer offers us information about our web traffic? Furthermore, it also helps identify hourly statistics. Daily traffic statistics as well as top countries visiting the website.
How to enable & disable Webalizer for all domains on cPanel
- First, we will log in to the WHM interface.
- Then, we will select the Server Configuration option.
- After that, we will select Tweak Settings.
- Next, we will select the Stats program tab.
- Then, we will change the Enable Webalizer stats to on to enable Webalizer or to off to disable it as seen below:
- After that, we will click Save to save the changes.
How to enable & disable Webalizer via command line
We can use the command line to enable Webalizer by editing /var/cpanel/cpanel.config, the cPanel configuration file. Our Support Engineers recommend these steps to get this done:
- First, we will log in to the server via SSH root user.
- Next, we will open the cPanel configuration file via any text editor.
$ vi /var/cpanel/cpanel.config
Then we will change the skipwebalizer value to “0”.
This indicates Webalizer has been enabled on the server. According to our Support Engineers, the Webalizer is disabled on cPanel when skipwebalizer is 1.
If we are not sure about the current Webalizer stats, we can check it with this command:
$ grep webalizer /var/cpanel/cpanel.config skipwebalizer=0
How to access Webalizer
- First, we will log in to the cPanel interface.
- Then, select Webalizer under the Metrics section.
[Need assistance with another query? We are here to lend a hand.]
In brief, we learned how to enable and disable Webalizer under the guidance of the skilled Support Engineers at Bobcares.