Generally, the Munin plugin fails to install because it requires the Pango, Cairo, and Pixman dependencies to install correctly.
As part of our Server Management Services, we assist our customers with several cPanel queries.
Today, let us see how to resolve this installation error.
Install Munin for cPanel
Before we move on to the resolution of the error, let us see how to install Munin.
Our Support Techs suggest two possible methods here:
1. Initially, we login to WHM.
2. Then navigate to Home >> cPanel >> Manage Plugins.
3. Here, we click on Install “Munin for cPanel” button in order to install the plugin.
4. Once the installation ends, at the bottom of the screen we will recieve a Process Complete message.
On the other hand, we can install the plugin via SSH:
- Initially, we log in to the server via SSH as the root user.
- Then we use these commands to create the following folder if it does not exist already.
# mkdir /var/cpanel/apps # chmod 755 /var/cpanel/apps
- We then proceed to create a configuration file for the Munin plugin and add the below data to that file.
# vi /var/cpanel/apps/addon_munin.conf # name name=addon_munun # Service that will serve this app service=whostmgr # Physical path: /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/Foo.php # Literal URL path: $server:$port/$cpsession/3rdparty/Foo.php url=/cgi/addon_munin.cgi # System user to run process as user=root # Required acls acls=any # Display name as show in the service ui displayname=addon_munin
- Later, we register the plugin to WHM:
# /usr/local/cpanel/bin/register_appconfig addon_munin.conf
- Finally, we restart the apache server to enable all changes using the below command:
# service httpd restart
Munin plugin fails to install due to missing dependencies
However, we have come across instances where the installation fails.
Recently, we had a customer who faced the installation failure along with the error:
[2021-04-12 15:35:31 +0300] pango is needed by cpanel-rrdtool-1.5.5-2.cp1186.x86_64 [2021-04-12 15:35:31 +0300] cairo is needed by cpanel-rrdtool-1.5.5-2.cp1186.x86_64 [2021-04-12 15:35:31 +0300] pixman is needed by cpanel-rrdtool-1.5.5-2.cp1186.x86_64
The major cause can be that Munin requires the Pango, Cairo, and Pixman dependencies to install correctly.
Suppose, the system had previous RPM issues, it is likely the libraries were removed or could not automatically install.
If we run the following commands as root, it should allow the installation of Munin to complete.
yum-complete-transaction –cleanup-only yum install pango cairo pixman /scripts/check_cpanel_rpms –targets munin
[Couldn’t complete the installation? Contact us now]
In short, we saw how our Support Techs fix the installation error.
The post Munin plugin fails to install due to missing dependencies appeared first on Bobcares.